If you're in a bit of a time crunch but still want to experience stunning Fraser Island, the 2-day Nomads Fraser Island Tag-Along Tour is the tour for you! This tour departs from beautiful Noosa Heads and includes 1 night at Eurong Resort on Fraser Island. Driving around the World Heritage-listed island in a 4WD is sure to get your tyres spinning! When you are not revving it up, slow down and admire the beauty around you. This 2-day trip includes a drive around 75 Mile Beach, bush-walking and refreshing swims at Eli Creek, Lake McKenzie, Lake Wabby and much more! All of your meals while you're on the island are included and there are no local fees waiting for you. On top of that, an exclusive post-tour party will be waiting for your group upon return to Noosa at the famous KB's Bar!
- 1 night's accommodation at Eurong Resort on Fraser Island
- 4WD Vehicle hire
- Professional and knowledgeable guides
- Great meals
- Return ferry transfer to the Island
- Exclusive post-tour party at KB's Bar
- Plenty of sightseeing and activities!
Experience the best of Fraser Island - book your trip now!
Self-drive on Fraser
Nomads' tag-along tour allows you to have the option of driving on Fraser Island so you can enjoy the thrill and comfort of making your way around in one of our 4WDs! This unique experience is unlike any other with inland tracks and a sand highway that weaves its way around and across Fraser Island. Your tour will have a convoy of 4WD vehicles, with a lead car at the front, and the following vehicles driven by you - the passengers! Tag-along tours provide a more adventurous experience as you get to navigate your way around Fraser Island, stopping at amazing destinations and sites.
- Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series
- 8 passengers per vehicle
- 4 vehicles per convoy
- Comfortable and safe for the best experience
You will spend your night at Eurong Beach Resort, where you can relax and enjoy the comforts of the resort after a day of exploring! There are several shops that guests have access to as well as a pool that guests are allowed to use for ultimate relaxation as you socialise with newfound friends and travel mates. There are 6-share dorm-style rooms with ensuite bathrooms or safari-style tents available where you can get a good nights' sleep before the second day of exploring all the beauty of Fraser Island.
- Eli Creek - Enjoy the tranquillity of this slow-moving clear creek!
- The Maheno Shipwreck - Take in the history of Fraser Island at this iconic wreck
- Lake Wabby - Take a dip in the island's deepest lake!
- Lake McKenzie - Swim and relax at this famous destination with silica sands
- Central Station - Marvel at the giant trees found at the former logging station
The group departs Noosa by bus at 7:30 am and head towards Rainbow Beach (1.5 to 2 hours drive). Please be waiting for the bus at Nomads reception by 7:30 am. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Please ensure you have checked out of your room and have both your Fraser luggage and your main luggage with you. We stop at Rainbow Beach to inspect and collect the vehicles, hand-signed rental agreements, pay $20 cash levy and collect food and we are on our way to the Island. We then take a barge from River Heads and land at Hook Point on the Southern tip of Fraser Island approximately 10 min later. Depending on the weather, and the tide your guide will assess whether it is safe to travel on the beach or if we need to select an alternative route to our next destination, the Southern Lakes. After a relaxing break, it is time for a rainforest track to walk off our lunch and explore the Islands unique flora and hopefully spot some wildlife too! Afterwards, we drive up to Eli Creek and visit the famous Maheno Shipwreck. Drive to Eurong Resort arriving at approximately 5:30pm, have a refreshing shower and then its dinner time (BBQ steak/chicken & salads). Overnight at Eurong Resort, Fraser Island.
Another early start to make most of our time on the Island! After breakfast (continental style breakfast - cereal, toasts, spread, tea & coffee) travel to Lake Wabby and Lake McKenzie for a swim and lunch. We depart the Island at approximately 2:30pm, stop at Rainbow Beach to drop off our vehicles, collect bond and drive by bus back to Noosa arriving at around 5:00pm, just in time for the exclusive post-tour party at KB's.
Please note guests must attend a pre-tour briefing. You must arrive before 6:00pm the night before departing to attend a compulsory pre-tour briefing held at Nomads KB's Bar where you meet your fellow travellers and learn more about your Fraser Island tour. Safety is paramount and this is when you find out about how the trip will run, driving tips, and nominated drivers will be required to complete required liability and insurance forms. All passengers are required to attend the briefing to be allowed to travel to the Island the next day.
Depart: Nomads Noosa - From 7:00am
Return: Nomads Noosa - Approx. 4:30pm
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- A compulsory pre-tour briefing is held at Nomads Noosa at 6:00 pm the day prior to the departure to the Island. Everyone MUST attend
- Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum of 21 years of age and hold a valid driver's licence (minimum of 2 years driving experience necessary).
- Please be ready at Nomads reception by 7:30 am on the morning of the departure to the Island. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Make sure you have checked out of your room and have your luggage with you.
- This tour may not be suitable if you have an existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- A $20 Cash Insurance Levy
- Sleeping bag and linen hire available for extra cost $20 with $10 refunded on return
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Nomads Tag Along 3D/2NAtlantic Clipper + Nomads 4D3N PackageAll Fraser + Whitsundays DealsAll Whitsundays Tours
What To Bring
Pack a small backpack with:
- Your camera
- Valid current drivers licence (for those who want to drive)
- Sun protections (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses etc.)
- Insect repellent
- Appropriate clothing
- Sleeping bag (also available for hire)
- Additional snacks
Please note you cannot bring your own alcohol to the island. Guests are welcome to bring along their own inflatable tubes for Eli Creek as they are not provided.
- A compulsory safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa Backpackers in KB's Bar at 6pm (day before departure)
- Free luggage storage while on tour
- Camping mattress and pillow
- Plug points in tents
- Return ferry transfers
- A knowledgeable and professional guide
- All meals while on tour
- Exclusive post tour after party at KB's Bar
- Local fees
- Sleeping bag hire (Winter) Linen hire (Summer) - $20 cash deposit with $10 refunded on return - payable on the day of departure
- Car hire excess fee of $20 cash payment (non-refundable, payable when the tour arrives in Rainbow)
- Snacks and beverages (including alcohol). No BYO (Bring Your Own) alcohol allowed.
Terms and Conditions
- A compulsory safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa in KB's Bar at 6:00pm (the day before departure)
- Passengers must check-in at Nomads Noosa at 6:00am on the day of departure.
- Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum of 21yrs of age and hold a valid drivers licence (minimum 2 years driving experience necessary).
- This tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Eurong Resort has a licensed bar, No BYO - Guests will be given a discount card for select drink purchase
- Parking is available at Nomads Noosa Free of Charge while on tour but is first come first serve, ask for details at reception.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
All cancellations forfeit 50% of the recommended retail price (RRP) - not the discounted/sale price. No shows or client cancellations made within 30 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com . If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.