The 15 Day Budget Brisbane to Cairns Tour will allow you to see all of the highlights on Australia's stunning East Coast without breaking the bank.
Designed to have you seeing more while spending less, this 15 Day Tour has it all! Your partially guided tour includes all of your accommodation, transport and some meals (we want you to have the opportunity to get out and experience Australia's vibrant restaurant and cafe scene).
- Bus transfers Brisbane to Cairns
- 14 nights accommodation (including 1 night bus)
- 15 meals - 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- 3 days on Fraser Island
- 2 nights sailing the Whitsundays
- Outer Great Barrier Reef snorkel tour
- Free Whitsundays paddleboard use
- Free Airlie Beach night club entry*
Popular Extensions & Upgrades
- Brisbane City Explorer Pack
- Noosa Stay & Play Extension
- Whitsundays Skydive
- Airlie Beach Scenic Flight
- Magnetic Island Koala Cuddle Extension
- Guided Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest Tour
- Guided Atherton Tablelands & Waterfall Circuit Tour
- Whitsundays and Cairns Scuba Dive Upgrade
Your partially guided adventure starts in Brisbane and ends in Cairns, and includes all tours and accommodation along the way, with time left over for our amazing free-time add-ons! This leaves you with a worry-free travel experience and the time to let loose and have fun!
*Ask about our 2 and 3 night pre-tour Brisbane City Explorer Pack
DAY 1: BRISBANE - RAINBOW BEACH
Departing the big city life in Brisbane, you make your way to the small coastal town Rainbow Beach. The bus journey is comfortable and short and will allow you to enjoy the scenic drive up the coast. Upon arriving in Rainbow Beach you will check in to your hostel accommodation, where you can get to know your fellow adventurers or get an early nights rest to prepare for your Fraser Island adventure, which departs the next day.
- 2 and 3 night Noosa Stay & Play Extension
DAY 2 - 4: FRASER ISLAND 4WD SAFARI
Your day will start bright and early as you head out on your 3 day, 2 night Fraser Island adventure. You will have the opportunity to try your hand at driving on the sandy tracks found on the world's largest sand island. Race the tides as you drive along the sand highway before jumping on the inland tracks, making your way around the island! This tour has up to 4 vehicles per group, with the lead driver in the front to guide you from one amazing destination to the next! You can choose to drive or be a passenger in one of the tag-along vehicles or enjoy it as a passenger in the lead vehicle.
You will spend your nights enjoying camping at our permanent campsite! Located at Cathedrals on Fraser, the campsite has 2 person tents, a dingo-proof fence and toilet and shower facilities. All tents are underneath a large covered area, which is ideal for both sun and rain protection! There is also a kitchen and dining area on site, which is also undercover. At our campsite, you will get to experience Fraser Island at its best - out in the wilderness seeing everything up close and personal!
- 2 nights at a beach campsite with 2 person tent
- 1 night hostel (multi-share)
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- $10pp fuel levy to pay in cash on arrival
- Optional $10 sleeping bag hire & $3 pillow hire
DAY 5 - 6: RAINBOW BEACH - AIRLIE BEACH
Today you are free to sleep in, explore on your own or join one of our free time add-on activities from Rainbow Beach. You can also spend the day at the beach, enjoying the surf and sand - a favourite past time in Rainbow Beach as this part of Australia is known for its beaches and coastline. There is plenty of time for an optional kite-surf lesson, dolphin feeding experience or turtle and dolphin kayak adventure! In the evening, you will grab the overnight bus to arrive in Airlie Beach early the following day, ready to explore everything the town has to offer. Airlie Beach has many small shops, bars and restaurants, as well as a huge seaside lagoon (a great place for spending the day). This is a perfect time to get some rest, relaxation and to top up your tan!
- Overnight bus
- Hostel (multi-share)
*AirBNB 'Local Stay' upgrade available
- 1 breakfast
- Additional meals paid locally
Free Time Add-On
- 3 Hour dolphin experience
- Dolphin kayaking
- 2 hour kite-surf lesson
DAY 7 - 11: AIRLIE BEACH & WHITSUNDAYS SAILING
Known as the “Heart of the Reef” the Whitsundays are one of Australia’s top holiday destinations. With endless stretches of beaches, crystal clear waters, endless tropical hiking tracks and beautiful weather, it’s easy to understand why this is an East Coast Highlight! We have allowed plenty of time for you to see all that the mainland and 74 islands have to offer.
While on the mainland you are free to explore at your leisure or join one of our free time activities. Choices include skydiving, scenic reef flights to the famous heart reef and jetski tours, but don't forget to save some energy for your sailing trip!
We will take you on a 2 day, 2 night sailing adventure to see Whitsunday highlights including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout. You will be kept busy with included activities such as snorkelling or paddleboarding or by using the giant onboard water-slide and dive board where you can "walk the plank"!
Your sailing trip will finish back in Airlie Beach with an after-party at a local bar to start your night off with a bang!
- 2 nights on a sailing vessel (multi-share)
- 3 night hostel (multi-share)
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Additional meals paid locally
Free Time Add-On
- Whitsundays skydive
- Scenic flight to Heart Reef
- Jetski tours
Whitsundays Sailing Option Extras
- Scuba dive
- Jet boat ride
- Vessel upgrades available
DAY 12: - AIRLIE BEACH - CAIRNS
It's time to say goodbye to the Whitsundays as we jump back on the bus for the trip to Cairns. You will have the option to extend your trip with an optional 2 nights on Magnetic Island along the way.
Once in Cairns, you will make your way to your accommodation for a good nights’ sleep before setting off to explore Far North Queensland!
- 2 night Magnetic Island - Koala Cuddle Express Package
DAY 13: CAIRNS & THE GREAT BARRIER REEF
Cairns is where the reef meets the rainforest! It's time to get back out on the water for a day of exploring the Outer Great Barrier Reef. The clear waters off Cairns offer the best opportunity to scuba dive! Upgrade your snorkel tour to include a dive or extend your reef trip to include a "learn to dive" course.
- Buffet lunch
- All other meals paid locally
Great Barrier Reef Extras
- $20 Reef Tax paid onboard
- Optional scuba dive upgrade
- Extend your reef trip with a "learn to dive" course
DAY 14 - 15: CAIRNS & THE TROPICAL NORTH
With two more days to explore the tropical north, you can spend the rest of your time relaxing in Cairns or enjoying a free time activity. You can explore Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest on a single or multi-day tour, where will immerse yourself into the wilderness of the world’s oldest rainforest and see where the rainforest truly meets the reef. Day trips also include wildlife spotting, as well as other great perks and famous natural landmarks.
You can also choose to spend your day on an adventurous day trip where you will explore waterfalls, lakes, rainforests and more. Our guided tours to the Atherton Tablelands are great for swimming and grabbing some stunning photos as you visit iconic waterfalls found in the tablelands.
Before you know it, your time together will have come to an end as its time to bid farewell to your new friends. We can organise a lift to the airport or extend your nights in Cairns if you are not quite ready to leave!
Free Time Add On
- Cape Tribulation and Daintree 1 or 2 day tour
- Atherton Tableland and Waterfall circuit day tour
- Airlie Beach night club entry at Boom Nightclub
- Guests can choose to book their own accommodation along the way, or we can book it for you
- This is a sample itinerary only. It may change slightly depending on your dates of travel
- Changes to itinerary may result in different inclusions
- "Learn to Dive" courses may involve extra days and/or pre-tour theory study
- Guests can choose to travel by campervan or car hire for an optional upgrade and altered itinerary - ask us how!
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR LIVE CHAT US NOW!