Running short on time, want to 4wd and see the best Fraser Island has to offer in a day?
An exciting 4WD self-drive day tour for a group of family or friends wanting to see and experience Fraser Island at your pace!
Running short on time but still want to get the most out of your day trip on Fraser Island, than this self-drive Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire is for you. This is the best option for a family or group who want to travel around this large sand island in an air-conditioned 4WD Jeep Cherokee.
Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire Features:
- Comfort of your own air-conditioned 4WD
- Enjoy to see Fraser Island beauty spots including Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck
- Experience four-wheel driving on this sand island
- Fits up to 5 passengers
- Make your own itinerary!
- Spend the day as you please taking your time
Stay away from the crowds and make your own day trip with Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire. Hire your vehicle now.
- Arrive on Fraser Island at Wanggoolba creek approx 9:00am.
- Swim at Central Station and Lake McKenzie (depending on tide times).
- Drive up the eastern beach and swim at Eli Creek, and see the Maheno Shipwreck
- Turn around at The Pinnacles (can only travel this far on a 1 day hire)
- Return to Wanggoolba Creek for the 5:00pm barge departure.
- Drivers must attend a safety briefing the day prior to your departure at 4pm (it takes approx. 1hr). $50 fee will be charged if late (all barge reschedules are subject to availability)
- Morning of departure pick up vehicle at 7:30am and depart to the river heads barge.
- Barge departure is 8:30am
- Last barge to depart Wanggoolba Creek Fraser Island is 5:00pm - return back to river heads approx 5:30pm.
- Return vehicle back to office in hired condition; cleaned and refuelled by 6:30pm
- price does not included barge transfer or vehicle access permit
- driver must be 21+ and hold a current open drivers license hirer
- must be able to provide a BOND of $1000
- This tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
- You will be required to provide a BOND of $1000, with $2000 excess reduction
- Brage transfer $160
- Vehicle access permit $45.10
Terms and Conditions
This tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.