Have more time to explore Fraser Island's #1 attraction - Lake Mackenzie!
- Swim in the tranquil azure waters of world famous Lake McKenzie
- Mid-morning departure, perfect for families or guests wanting a shorter style tour
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the award-winning Sand Bar at Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Visit the island in comfort on a custom 4WD cruiser with panoramic windows
- Full access to Kingfisher Resort pools and amenities
Free Cancellation - Up To 48 Hours Before Departure
The Lake Mackenzie Day Tour is the perfect choice if you want to relax on the pristine white beaches and immerse yourselves in the crystal blue waters without feeling rushed for time at this iconic site! This exclusive tour will offer a full afternoon spent at this renowned natural site, combined with a guided walk through the Kingfisher Bay Resort including lunch at the Sand Bar and full access to the resorts pool facilities. An unforgettable day in paradise awaits and is perfect for all ages. While travelling on the island, cruise in comfort on their custom 4WD with panoramic views. What are you waiting for, join this iconic experience today to enjoy Fraser Islands magnificent surroundings.
- Full afternoon spent at the iconic Lake Mackenzie
- Visit the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Resort with pool access
- Enjoy the benefits of an experienced guide
- Indulge in a delicious lunch at the Sand Bar
- Complementary barge transfers from River Heads, Hervey Bay - departing at 10:30am
- Sit back, relax and watch the scenery
- Ranger-guided walk and expert touring team
- This tour includes all National Park fees
- Great for all ages and families!
- Swim in the clear blue waters, and stroll along the silica sands
Guided tour with Fraser Explorer
This guided tour is the ultimate way to experience one of the islands top attractions - Lake Mackenzie! The 4WD busses are comfortable, spacious and air-conditioned to cruise in style. Take in the beautiful coastal views as your cross the Sandy Strait aboard the ferry crossing. Upon arrival to the island, explore the iconic Kingfisher Bay Resort for a guided walk, lunch and time for a swim in their pools! Spend the afternoon completely relaxing at Lake Mackenzie or exploring the surroundings.
- 4X4 MAN busses
- Seats up to 40 guests per vehicle
- Embark on a comfortable and safe ride
- Featuring large windows for a great view
Enjoy a memorable day at the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Resort and Lake Mackenzie. This tour is perfect for those leisurely travelers wanting a laid back experience without the hustle and bustle!
- Guests make their way to the Hervey Bay Boat Club at 10.00am. Meeting point - Boat Club Fuel Station, 12 Jett St, Urangan
- Tour departs Hervey Bay Boat Club Marina at 10.30am aboard Sea Explorer
- On arrival to Kingfisher Bay Resort guests will be taken on a guided orientation and walk of the resort (optional)
- From 11:30am-12:30pm guests will have lunch at the Sand Bar and free time of resort facilities
- Departure to Lake Mackenzie at 1:00pm. Time to explore all that this attraction has to offer - don't forget your swimmers and towel!
- Guest will depart on 5:00pm ferry from Kingfisher Bay back to Riverheads
- The itinerary is subject to change due to tides and weather conditions.
- All ages are welcome and children aged 0-3 years old travel free but must be able to sit is a forward facing car seat. Not recommended for children under 6 months.
- Children under 7 must have a forward facing car seat. Passengers must bring their own.
- Tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
What To Bring
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and pack a small day bag with:
- Swimming costume
- Beach towel
- Water bottle
- Sweater/jacket (for colder months)
- Insect repellant
- Drinks or snacks
- Barge transfers to Fraser Island
- Ranger-guided walk
- Lunch at Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Use of Resort pool facilities
- 4Wd bus tour to Lake Mackenzie
- National Park fees
Please note, surcharges apply for peak seasons.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
No shows or client cancellations made within 48 hours of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Fraser Tours are required to notify the operator of any cancellations prior to the specified cancellation period (48 hours). It is your responsibility to make sure you submit your cancellation request with adequate time, and during standard business hours (9am-5pm), to allow us to contact the tour provider.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com . If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.