Do you want a day of adventure and fun? We have found the perfect tour for you!
- Depart from Rainbow Beach and enjoy a thrilling 4WD adventure to Double Island Point
- Try something new while having the time of your life
- Learn to surf on Australia’s longest wave!
- A unique combo tour that gives you the optimal amount of adventure
- Surf at a hidden surfers paradise!
- Great one-on-one instruction
Learn to surf from Rainbow Beach with Epic Ocean Adventures! We’ll take you on the ultimate surfing lesson starting from Rainbow Beach. Hop on our specialised 4WD and head out along the Great Beach Drive for Double Island Point for a secluded beach where you will get to enjoy a thorough and fun surf lesson. You can look forward to surfing on Australia’s longest beginner wave, away from the crowds, for the lesson of a lifetime.
- Depart from Rainbow Beach
- 3-hour lesson
- Surf Australia’s longest wave
- Safest beginner surf location with beginners riding waves 100’s of meters long
- Fully qualified surf instructors
- Crystal clear, warm waters that are beginner friendly
- Small group numbers
- Waist deep, super long sandy point break
- Away from the crowds, faster progression in a safe family-friendly environment
- Great for all levels of surfers
We have several different types of boards to suit all levels of experience. If you’ve never been surfing before, we will give you all the guidance you need to help you gain your confidence in the water and enjoy the waves at their best! If you’ve been on the water before, we’ll adjust the lesson to ensure you’re gaining from your lesson too! There is something for everyone on this fun surf tour and 4WD adventure.
Depart Rainbow Beach, where your adventure begins! Drive along the Great Beach Drive in our specialised 4WD vehicles passing the famous coloured sand cliffs of Rainbow beach and arrive at the surfing paradise at Double Island Point! The amazing and breathtaking remote beaches offer amazing views and a sense of serenity as you gear up to start your surf lesson. Ahead of you on the ocean’s surface will be Australia’s longest beginner wave - sometimes reaching a kilometre in length! You’ll get set up with your equipment and beach your beach lesson before hitting the water. Your instructors will help you the whole way, ensuring you are comfortable and enjoying the lesson at its best. They will offer individual instruction to suit each participant, welcoming both beginner and intermediate guests. You will spend plenty of time on the water getting used to the waves and enjoying each one as it passes. Once the day of fun is over you will return back via the Great Beach Drive, enjoying the view after a day of adventure.
- Children must be aged 7 and up
- Basic level of fitness required
- Please allow 3 - 3.5 hours from pickup to drop off
- Departure times are tide dependent, please confirm pickup time at check-in
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL LIVE CHAT US NOW!
What To Bring
- Change of Clothes
- 4WD Great Beach Drive experience
- Equipment Hire which includes specialised soft boards, wet shirt/ wetsuit
- Fun surf instruction
- National Park entry fees
- Light snacks and refreshments
- Pictures on request
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours if weather is unsuitable for the time booked with short notice as safety is first. We also reserve the right to cancel or rebook if the group sizes for the days tour is less than 3 participants.
Please reconfirm booking 24-48 hours in advance in case of time change due to weather. Any cancellation inside 48 hours is non-refundable.
All cancellations will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 48 hours of travel will result in a 100% cancellation fee. If the company has to cancel the trip and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Fraser Tours. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.