Explore the beautiful Fraser Island with Sunrover's 1 day tour, departing from Hervey Bay. Visit all the iconic sights with the only day tour to make it to Indian Head! You can also look forward to Lake McKenzie, Central Station and the Maheno Shipwreck for a day full of action, adventure and exploring.
- Fully guided small group nature adventure
- Depart from Hervey Bay, with pick-ups included
- Enjoy bumping along the famous sand highway of 75 Mile Beach!
- Spot famous Fraser Island dingoes
- Visit Lake McKenzie, Indian Head, Central Station, the Maheno and Eli Creek
- Picnic lunch with complimentary beer or champagne
- Modern air-conditioned 4WDs - GXL Toyota Landcruiser Troop Carriers
- Fully guided tour that's hassle free!
- ALL INCLUSIVE
Stop by for a swim at Lake McKenzie - Fraser Island's most famous lake! The soft silica sands and clear waters offer an oasis in the middle of the rainforest where you can explore and relax. Don't forget to bring along your swimsuit so you can go for a refreshing swim in the amazing water and take a break from the hot Fraser Island sun!
You'll get to spend plenty of time amongst the trees in the rainforest. Make your way to the former logging camp at Central Station and marvel at the towering trees and ancient ferns that have long since overtaking the site. Be sure to take a quick walk to Wanggoolba Creek, a quaint freshwater creek that runs through the heart of the rainforest.
75 Mile Beach
Bump along 75 Mile Beach as your guide drives you around from one destination to the next! This unique highway also functions as the main beach on the eastern coast and a landing strip for landing planes, keeping it quite busy with a lot of traffic! Drive along with the surf on one side and dunes on the other, keeping an eye out for dingoes and other Fraser wildlife!
Take along a floatie and enjoy Eli Creek in its prime! This slow-moving freshwater creek weaves its way through the forest and out to the ocean, taking passengers along for the ride! The refreshing water is a great place to cool down in the afternoon heat, enjoying your lush surroundings as you let the current take you.
The Maheno Shipwreck
The S.S. Maheno Shipwreck is Fraser Island's very own shipwreck! The rusting hull of this once magnificent ship has been sitting on the Eastern Beach of Fraser Island since the '30s and has long since been a favourite place for visitors to check out and take photos! Watch the tide lap up over the rusting edges as the ill-fated ship slowly sinks into the sand and becomes part of the island!
Visit Indian Head, the best lookout point on the island! This stunning lookout point gives you views of the shoreline and surrounding ocean, giving you a great vantage point to spot whales, dolphins, sharks and rays! Bring along your camera - you'll want to remember this destination for a lifetime.
Due to tide restrictions we cant always guarantee a visit to Indian head.
Morning tea: A selection of cheese and crackers, fresh seasonal fruit and sweets
Lunch: Picnic style buffet with fresh bread rolls, cold meat and salads
- Pickup and departure times vary, Chat online for timing information
- Dietary requirements that are catered for are vegetarian/vegan, lactose-free, gluten-free and those with allergies. Please let us know at time of booking.
- Tour sights are subject to time, tide and weather conditions and are not all guaranteed.
- Children under 7 must have a forward facing car seat. Passengers must bring their own.
- This tour is not suitable for Children under the age of 4
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL OR CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
- Hat, sun glassses, sunscreen
- Refillable water bottle
- Accredited eco guide / driver
- Small tour group (maximum 7 passengers per vehicle)
- Courtesy pick-up / drop-off
- Modern air-conditioned 4WDs - GXL Toyota Landcruisers
- Return ferry transfer
- Morning tea: a selection of cheese & crackers, fresh seasonal fruit and sweets
- Picnic style buffet lunch: fresh bread rolls, cold meat & salads
- Dietary requirements catered for: vegetarian / vegan, lactose free, gluten free, allergies
- All beverages: water, tea & coffee, juice
- Complimentary beer or champagne with lunch
- ALL FEES & CHARGES - no hidden costs!
- Pick up 7:30am, Returns 6:00pm
- Operates daily
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the tour operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 75% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 48 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.