Choose the length of your trip and explore Fraser Island your way with your own 4WD rental!
- Fraser Dingo offers an exciting 4WD multi-day tour from your own vehicle!
- Rent a 4WD and tour Fraser with your friends or family
- See and experience Fraser Island at your own pace
- Make your own itinerary by choosing how many days you want to spend on Fraser Island
- Explore all the highlights Fraser Island has to offer away from the crowds
If you want to drive on Fraser Island and enjoy the freedom of your own vehicle, then Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire is for you. This is the best option for a family or group who want to travel around this large sand island in a 4WD. 4WD Hire is the best way to enjoy Fraser Island for as long or as little as you'd like! Short on Time? Why not try our Fraser Dingo 1 Day Hire Package.
- Stress-free booking process: Tell us your dream itinerary and our team will arrange the rest! There is a lot involved in preparing a Fraser trip and getting to the Island depends on barge availability. Secure your passage by booking in advance!
- Automatic 4WD Hire: Get one of our brightly painted Toyota Landcruiser Prados! Seats up to 4 people, or 5 by request (conditions apply).
- Barge transfers: Included in our prices, booked for you by our team. After you book, we will take care of organising your barge transfers and briefing time. We will then send you a confirmation email with the schedule of your trip summarised.
- Local permits: Vehicle access permit and camping permits are included and booked for you by our team. Please note: The camping permits are included in our camping packages but will be added as extra if you are bringing your own camping equipment ($7 per person per night)
- Personalised itinerary: Discovering Fraser Island is an extremely tide and weather-dependant adventure - Leave the headache of preparing the itinerary to us to avoid the unnecessary driving time and maximise your Fraser Island experience! Enjoy the inland hidden treasures of Fraser Island during high tide and get to the Eastern Beach safely for low tide for the drive of your life on the unique 75 Mile Beach.
- Mandatory 4WD Safety Briefing: Let us tell you all you need to know to enjoy your time on Fraser safely. This 1-hour briefing is done prior to departure, please allow at least 2 hours before your preferred barge time choice.
- Extensive knowledge of Fraser Island: Our team can provide you with all sorts of special interest information: dingo awareness, short or extended walk/hike options, nature conservation, Fraser Island history… Let us know what you want to know!
Avoid the crowds and create your own personalised trip with Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire. Hire your vehicle, or add camping gear at an extra cost and enjoy the wilderness of Fraser Island!
- Drivers must attend a safety briefing prior to departure (average brief time is 1 hour)
- Barge transfer times and briefing times will be confirmed via email after booking
- Driver must be 21+ and hold a current open drivers license
- The hirer must be 23 years and over (Hire not available if the entire group is under 23)
- Must be able to provide a BOND of $1500, ($2000 bond payable if the group has anyone under 23)
- This tour may not be suitable if you have any existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Hire Distance Limits:
- 2 day trip - The limit on 75 Mile Beach (Eastern Beach of Fraser Island) is Cathedrals on Fraser, (approx. 170km) and there is not enough time to go further North.
- The limit on 3 and 4 day trips is Indian Head and a walk to Champagne Pools.
- Vehicles do not have air-conditioning
- Group Vehicle Rates are for 4 guests, please enquire for 5.
- International Travellers need to be covered by travel insurance
- Vehicle to be returned cleaned and re-fueled
- Need to Add More People?
- For 2 day hire it is $35 per person extra.
- For 3 day hire it is $50 per person extra
- For 4 day hire it is $65 per person extra
What To Bring
- Own Food & Drinks
- Personalised Itineraries
- Safety Briefing
- Vehicle Access Permits
- Barge Transfers
- $1500 bond payable on arrival, $2000 bond payable if anyone in the group is under 23 (families with children under 21 excluded)
- Camping permits not included unless Camping Package Add on is Selected
- International travellers need to be covered with travel insurance. This often needs to be organised before travelling to Australia
- Must be 23 years or over to hire a 4WD. We do not hire to groups with all participants under 23 years.
- Must be 21 or over to be a driver.
- Refueling on return
- Optional Dingo Clean - $40
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All cancellations forfeit 25% of the recommended retail price (RRP) - not the discounted/sale price. No shows or client cancellations made within 30 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com . If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.