$114 AUD per
- Toyota Landcruiser - 8 people (Between: 30 Mar 2017 and 31 Mar 2019)
$132 AUD per
- Toyota Landcruiser - 6 people (Between: 30 Mar 2017 and 31 Mar 2019)
$168 AUD per
- Toyota Landcruiser - 4 people (Between: 30 Mar 2017 and 31 Mar 2019)
$250 AUD per
- Suzuki Jimny - 2 people (Between: 01 Sep 2018 and 31 Mar 2019)
$275 AUD per
- Toyota Landcruiser - 2 people (Between: 31 Jan 2018 and 31 Mar 2019)
$440 AUD per
- Suzuki Jimny - 1 person (Between: 01 Sep 2018 and 31 Mar 2019)
Experience the Aussie Trax Longest Day Away, making a one day self drive tour of Fraser Island possible. With two offices, one in Hervey Bay and the other located exclusively at Kingfisher Bay on Fraser Island, Aussie Trax give you the unique advantage of picking up your vehicle directly from the Island. With 14 years of expertise, the largest selection of self drive vehicles and their focus on customer service being their priority, you're guaranteed an unbeatable experience. Depart on high speed ferry from Hervey Bay to Kingfisher Bay at your chosen departure time, the earlier the better we say! Here you will be greeted by your Aussie Trax experts where you will pick up your selected 4WD vehicle from the huge variety available and be given all the essential travel information you could need for your full day adventure. Return the vehicle later that night, giving you a longer day than any other operator, returning to Hervey Bay by passenger ferry.
Your Aussie Trax Longest Day Away Features:
- 4WD vehicle Hire from 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Air-conditioned vehicles
- Return barge transfers
- Vehicle access permit
- Standard insurance
- Comprehensive briefing
- Fraser Island map
- Set-day itineraries designed to fit with tidal conditions
- Best Island backup service available
- Insurance waiver options
What you need to know:
- Drivers are required to be 21+ holding a current open licence
- Credit card is required for bond
- Hire is calendar days only - not 24 hour periods
- GST included in all prices
- Fuel & food not included
With two vehicle types to choose from depending on the number of passengers travelling, all Aussie Trax vehicles feature extra front and rear bumpers, raised suspension and all luggage is stored internally, rather than roof racks, for added stability & safety. The 4WDs are modified to suit Fraser Islands harsh conditions with sand tyres and modified springs.
The Toyota Land Cruiser Wagon Features:
- 5 or 7 seaters
- Manual transmission
- Fuel consumption: 19L to 100km
- Suspension: off road coil springs
- Insurance: AU $500 bond, AU $4000 excess
- Waiver option: AU $40 per day reduces to AU$500
The Suzuki Jimny Hardtop Features:
- 2 seats only
- Manual transmission, automatic also available
- Super-leaded fuel
- Suspension: off road coil springs
- Insurance: AU $500 bond, AU $2000 excess
- Waiver option: AU $25 per day reduces to AU$500
Depart: Hervey Bay (pick up vehicle on Fraser Island)
Barge times: From Hervey Bay to Fraser Island 6.45am-9am. From Fraser Island to Hervey Bay 5.00pm, 8.30pm
If you are already staying on Fraser Island, it is possible to do a 2 or 3 day longest day away tour as well, please enquire for pricing. Please note Aussie Trax is unavailable from 16 Dec 2018 - 16 Jan 2019.
This tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please pack a small overnight bag, change of clothes, swimwear, food and drinks, hat, sun cream, sun glasses, towel and camera.
Vehicle hire, Return Fastcat transfers, Vehicle access permit, Standard insurance, Comprehensive briefingm, Fraser Island map, Free pickup and drop off to Hervey Bay accommodation (except Longest Day Away), Free secure customer car parking (except Longest Day Away), Island backup service, Insurance waiver options
Food, Fuel and Reduced insurance liabilities
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
Please note rentals are not available Dec 15 - Jan 15.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All Aussie Trax 4WDs are fully insured, unless the driver is doing one of the following:
- Driving Under the Influence
- Overloading - more people than the car is allowed to carry
- Driving in the Ocean
- Under Body Damage
- Intentional Damage eg. sitting on the bonnet or roof
- Cars returned late at a rate of 20% of daily rate per hour
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance. Refunds do not apply to hires cut short due to: Bad weather, Shortening of the rental period by the hirer - unless it can be re-hired for that same period, cars taken from the hirer due to misuse in contravention to Aussie Trax's or other authorised persons' directions.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for other tours please do not hesitate to ask