Travel with Sunrover on a fully guided adventure to the world heritage listed area of Fraser Island National Park. Sunrover has been using the Dilli environmental Campsite for the past 15 years. This campsite is also the start of the "Great Walks trail on Fraser Island". With new green facilities, hot showers and a choice of 1, 2, 3 and 4 person tents only 100 metres from Fraser Island surf beach. Be adventurous! Do what Aussies do, and camp!
Sunrover Expeditions 2D/1N Features
- Fully Guided Small Group Nature Adventure
- Meals are freshly prepared in a permanent camp kitchen
- All sleeping bags, mattress and tents supplied
- Wildlife spotting - typically kangaroo, koala, wallaby, Pelican, falcon, eels and many reptiles
Sunrover Guided Tour
Alongside your travel mates, friends, family or other guests, you will take a fleet of 4WD vehicles around the island for a truly amazing 2 day adventure! Guests can enjoy the views of Fraser Island as a passenger as your informative guide takes you from place to place!
- 100 series Landcruiser: up to 7 passengers or
- Toyota Landcruiser troop carriers: up to 10 passengers
- Up to 6 vehicles per tour
You can choose from a camping option or resort option with the tour. If you choose to camp, you will stay at the base camp at Fraser Island Research and Learning Centre (located in Dilli Village), Eastern Surf Beach. We will supply you with sleeping bags and a mattress and you will stay in one of our tents, choosing from 1 - 4 person tents to suit your group. Meals are provided and prepared fresh in our permanent camp kitchen with log timber seating, tables, fridge and gas cooking facilities.
If you choose the resort option, you will stay at Eurong Beach resort and have access to all the facilities on site, such as shops, swimming pools, restaurants, laundry and more. You can choose from quad room, twin share or two bedroom apartment, each with a deck or patio as well as kitchenette, as ensuite bathrooms.
Day 1 - Travel past the Glasshouse Mountains on the way to the Noosa River ferry and Cooloola Coast beach (tides permitting). After lunch catch the ferry across from Rainbow Beach to Fraser Island. Head to Lake Wabby, a barrage lake on Frasers East Coast. Afterwards relax at Eurong Beach Resort, before being driven to your campground at Dili Village. Enjoy your dinner & campfire at our Dilli Village facitlies.
Day 2 - After breakfast spend the morning relaxing at Lake McKenzie. From here you will travel to Central Station and the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk. Enjoy a swim in Eli Creek, a fast-paced freshwater creek on the East Coast, and view the Maheno Shipwreck. After this its back into the 4WD and back to Brisbane
Day 1 - Picnic Lunch at Rainbow Beach - Cold drinks, cold meats, picnic salad, fresh fruits, cakes, wraps and bread rolls. BBQ Dinner, fresh salads, garlic breads and cold drinks. After dinner, hot drinks and marshmallows around camp fire
Day 2 - Breakfast - tea coffee, Fruit Juice, cereals and toast, jam, honey, fruits, breads.
*Please note: Lunch on day 2 (not included in tour). This menu is a sample menu and is subject to amendments.
- Depart Brisbane 6.45am - Bus Stop 125 on Roma Street (located out front of the Brisbane Transit Centre) - Returns approx 7pm
- Depart Caboolture 7.30am - BP Service Station Hwy - Returns 6pm
- Depart Sunshine Coast 8:00am - 90 Sippy Downs Dve- Return 5pm
- Depart Caloundra 8.15am - Cooma Tce - Return 5pm
- Depart Mooloolaba 8.30am - Mooloolaba Bowls Club, Brisbane Road - Return 5.15pm
- Depart Noosa 9am - Noosa Information Centre - Return 3-5pm
- Depart Gympie 10am - Matilda Road House Bruce Hwy - Return 3-4pm
- Depart Rainbow Beach 11am - Surf Life Saving Club - Return 2-4pm
- Depart Gold Coast Transit Centre, 6am Beach Road Surfers Paradise - Return 9pm (+ $100)
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- There is a $30 per person per day National Park & Permit fee to be paid directly to your tour guide ($60pp)
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Fraser Explorer Guided Tour 2D/1NCool Dingo Fraser + New Horizon Whitsundays Combo 5d4nAll Fraser PackagesSailing Whitsundays
What To Bring
- Overnight Bag
- Shady Hat
- Water Bottle
- Walking Shoes
- Torch (Flashlight)
- Extensive 2 Day Fully Guided Tour
- Expert Driver and Eco Guide
- Return Transport from designated pick-up locations
- Hot showers and environmental eco facilities
- All camping equipment
- All meals on the island
- Lunch on day 2 (not included in tour)
- $30 per person per day National Park & Permit fee.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the tour operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 7 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.