Fully guided small group nature adventure with world heritage national park camping and Lake McKenzie highlight!
- Travel with Sunrover on a fully guided adventure to Fraser Island!
- Sunrover have been operating for over 20 years on the world's largest sand island
- The only tour departing from Brisbane that is able to visit Lake McKenzie - one of the main highlights of Fraser Island
- Choose from a camping adventure or beach accommodation
- See the best parts of this beautiful sand island
- Departs from Brisbane, Noosa and Rainbow Beach
Travel with Sunrover on a fully guided adventure to the world heritage listed area of Fraser Island! Sunrover has been using the Dilli environmental campsite for the past 15 years and knows the heart of Fraser Island. This campsite is also the start of the Great Walks Trail on Fraser Island. With new green facilities, hot showers and a choice of 1 - 4 person tents only 100 metres from Fraser Island surf beach, this is one of the best campsites on Fraser Island! Be adventurous! Do what Aussies do, and camp!
- Fully Guided Small Group Nature Adventure
- Meals are freshly prepared in a permanent camp kitchen
- All sleeping bags, mattress and tents supplied
- Wildlife spotting - typically kangaroo, koala, wallaby, Pelican, falcon, eels and many reptiles
Guided Tour with Sunrover
Alongside your travel mates, friends, family or other guests, you will take a fleet of 4WD vehicles around the island for a truly amazing 2 day adventure! Guests can enjoy the views of Fraser Island as a passenger as your informative guide takes you from place to place!
- 100 series Landcruiser: up to 7 passengers or
- Toyota Landcruiser troop carriers: up to 10 passengers
- Up to 6 vehicles per tour
You can choose from a camping option or resort option with the tour. If you choose to camp, you will stay at the base camp at Fraser Island Research and Learning Centre (located in Dilli Village), Eastern Surf Beach. We will supply you with sleeping bags and a mattress and you will stay in one of our tents, choosing from 1 - 4 person tents to suit your group. Meals are provided and prepared fresh in our permanent camp kitchen with log timber seating, tables, fridge and gas cooking facilities.
If you choose the resort option, you will stay at Eurong Beach resort and have access to all the facilities on site, such as shops, swimming pools, restaurants, laundry and more. You can choose from quad room, twin share or two bedroom apartment, each with a deck or patio as well as kitchenette, as ensuite bathrooms.
- Lake McKenzie - Fraser Island's jewel and most iconic lake
- Eli Creek - Fraser's most pristine creek and great place for relaxing!
- Maheno Shipwreck - Check out the history of an Australian icon
- Lake Wabby - Fraser's deepest and most mysterious lake
- Central Station - Marvel at the oldest trees on Fraser at the former logging station
- Coloured Sands at Rainbow Beach - Take a step back in time and check out the coloured cliffs
- 75 Mile Beach - Cruise down the islands natural highway
- Lake Boomanjin - The red perched lake which is a great place to swim!
Travel past the Glasshouse Mountains on the way to the Noosa River ferry and Cooloola Coast beach (tides permitting). After lunch catch the ferry across from Rainbow Beach to Fraser Island. Head to Lake Wabby, a barrage lake on Frasers East Coast. Afterwards relax at Eurong Beach Resort, before being driven to your campground at Dili Village. Enjoy your dinner & campfire at our Dilli Village facitlies.
After breakfast spend the morning relaxing at Lake McKenzie. From here you will travel to Central Station and the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk. Enjoy a swim in Eli Creek, a fast-paced freshwater creek on the East Coast, and view the Maheno Shipwreck. After this its back into the 4WD and back to Brisbane
Day one - Picnic lunch at Rainbow Beach - Cold drinks, cold meats, picnic salad, fresh fruits, cakes, wraps and bread rolls. BBQ Dinner, fresh salads, garlic breads and cold drinks. After dinner, hot drinks and marshmallows around camp fire
Day two - Breakfast - tea coffee, fruit juice, cereals and toast, jam, honey, fruits, breads.
*Please note: Lunch on day 2 (not included in tour). This menu is a sample menu and is subject to amendments.
- Depart Brisbane City 6.45am - Brisbane Transit Centre. Street Level - Bus Stop 125 Roma Street (opposite Qld Police station) - Return Approx. 7pm
- Depart Caboolture 7.30am - BP Service Station Hwy - Returns 6pm
- Depart Sunshine Coast 8:00am - 90 Sippy Downs Dve- Return 5pm
- Depart Caloundra 8.15am - Cooma Tce - Return 5pm
- Depart Mooloolaba 8.30am - Mooloolaba Bowls Club, Brisbane Road - Return 5.15pm
- Depart Noosa 9am - Noosa Information Centre - Return 3-5pm
- Depart Gympie 10am - Matilda Road House Bruce Hwy - Return 3-4pm
- Depart Rainbow Beach 11am - Surf Life Saving Club - Return 2-4pm
- Depart Gold Coast Transit Centre, 6am Beach Road Surfers Paradise - Return 9pm (+ $100)
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- There is a $30 per person per day National Park and Permit fee to be paid directly to your tour guide ($60pp)
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Children under 7 must have a forward facing car seat. Passengers must bring their own.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4128 4479 IF LOCAL OR CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
- Overnight Bag
- Shady Hat
- Water Bottle
- Walking Shoes
- Torch (Flashlight)
- Extensive 2 Day Fully Guided Tour
- Expert Driver and Eco Guide
- Return Transport from designated pick-up locations
- Hot showers and environmental eco facilities
- All camping equipment
- All meals on the island
- Lunch on day 2 (not included in tour)
- $30 per person per day National Park & Permit fee.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
All cancellations forfeit 75% of the recommended retail price (RRP) - not the discounted/sale price. No shows or client cancellations made within 30 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com . If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.