Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure takes you on an amazing experience around Fraser Island, to the highlight destinations and sights. This tour allows you to drive a 4WD on a guided tour that offers a small group experience with plenty of socialising! Get the best of both worlds with Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure with the perfect balance between adventure and comfort. Explore the world's largest sand island by day in our automatic 4WDs and enjoy the comforts of beach house accommodation at night, complete with great food, dorm rooms and hot showers!
- Walk amongst the rainforest at Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island
- 4WD on 75 Mile Beach to the Pinnacles (coloured sands)
- Swim, splash or take a tube ride at Eli Creek
- See the world-renowned Maheno Shipwreck, great photo opportunity
- Adventure along 4WD tracks to Lake Garrrawongera or walk the bush and dune track into emerald green Lake Wabby
- Relax, play and swim at the beautiful Lake McKenzie
- Relaxed, friendly and loads of fun
- Private beach house with dorm rooms at Happy Valley on Fraser Islands Eastern beach
- Great fresh food with loads of veggies! We cater for vegetarian, vegan, lactose-free and gluten-free
- Toilets, hot showers, barbecue
- Beach access: relax in the pristine water and white sands, play a game of beach volleyball, enjoy a guided beach walk (wildlife spotting at night, see the sun rise over the ocean in the morning)
- Take part in Fraser's legendary pink Tagalong tour and drive a PINK 4WD
- Eco-Certified tourism operator, all vehicles are carbon offset!
- Experienced knowledgeable lead guide
- Meet like-minded travellers and see all the sights
Don't miss out on your adventure of a lifetime at this amazing location in the world - book with us today.
Tag along with Fraser Dingo
Hop in your vehicle and away you go! Fraser Dingo's tag along option allows guests to drive on Fraser Island for a completely new and unique driving experience! You, along with 6 other guests, will have a vehicle at your disposal as you explore Fraser Island - no experience needed! Follow the lead car, piloted by your guide, to all of Fraser's best destinations and enjoy the thrill of driving. But don't worry - you don't have to drive. You can also choose to sit back and relax as someone else navigates the sand highway!
Drivers must be 21 years of age.
- Toyota Prado 95 series - 7 passengers per vehicle including driver
- Up to 4 vehicles in tour, including lead vehicle with tour guide
You will stay at Happy Valley on Fraser Island's Eastern Beach. The private beach house features rooms that host up to 4 people at a time. There is a shared bathroom and outdoor deck for guests to enjoy.
After meeting at Fraser Dingo HQ it's time to head out on your four-wheel drive adventure and hear some fascinating facts from your guide. At 9:30am you will head to the barge with your sights aimed at Wangoolba Creek on the beautiful Fraser Island. The first stop on the trip is Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island. Next up is a cruise along 75 Mile Beach to Happy Valley for a BBQ lunch. After lunch, it's off the visit Eli Creek for a quick dip or relaxing float down the river, before heading on to the Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles or Lake Garrawongerra. We then return to the accommodation for an afternoon relaxing, drinking and even volleyball on the beach! Dinner is at 7:00pm, where you can enjoy some games afterwards or enjoy a nice night walk! Noise curfew by 10:30pm to be in great shape for day 2.
Your day starts with a continental breakfast before a morning of lake explorations. First up is Lake Wabby or Garrawongerra, followed by lunch and then you are off to the famous Lake McKenzie! A crowd favourite that is known for its white sands and clear waters. Next up is some inner island 4WD track exploration as we head to Kingfisher Bay resort where you will catch the Barge back to Hervey Bay.
Lunch: Meat burgers or veggie burgers with beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Chicken and veggies with pasta or pasta Bolognese served with veggies and garlic bread
Breakfast: Continental style with tea, coffee, milk, cereal, yoghurt, toast with spreads
Lunch: Ham, chicken or falafel wraps served with veggies, cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Please note we are able to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or lactose-free. Please let us know upon booking. This menu is subject to change.
Depart: Hervey Bay at 8:30 - Barge departure at 10:15am (After group food shop)
Return: Hervey Bay - Between 6:15pm-6:30pm
Accommodation pick-ups available from major hostels in Hervey Bay: Aussie Woolshed, Flashpackers, Torquay Bus Stop (For Greyhound Bus, Palace, Buzzers & Hub)
* Drivers to meet at Fraser Dingo HQ at 7:30am for a safety briefing
**Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- MANDATORY 7:30am safety briefing at our office for customers wanting to DRIVE on tour (they must make their own way there, no pickup provided)
- Guests wanting to drive must be over 21 with a current license and respond to the group email and have their own transport to attend the 7:30am safety briefing on day of departure at the office (accommodation pick up are not provided for drivers)
- Meeting at 8:30am for customers in their own cars not willing to drive on tour (free street parking for their vehicle). Free Passenger pick-up from major Hervey Bay hostels.
- You will receive an informational email 2 days prior to departure that must be answered.
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Tour is suitable for those aged 18 and up. Drivers must be 21 years old.
- $15 Optional sleeping bag hire, or you may bring your own
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Little backpack with clothes for 2 days, toiletries, swimmers and towel
- Sleeping Bag essential (or hire a sleep tight pack for $15, includes a tote bag to keep!)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Guided 4WD Adventure with Eco Certified tourism operator Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures
- Barge transfers and all required permits
- The opportunity to drive an automatic 4WD on Fraser Island
- Driving is optional, come along as a passenger and enjoy the ride
- Free pick up from selected locations within Hervey Bay (for the non-drivers only)
- Free car parking for your own vehicle at our office while you are away
- Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Food (all main meals and some snacks)
- Volunteers on site to help out with cooking and cleaning
- See the best Fraser Island has to offer!
- All meals and some snacks
- Must provide own sleeping bag or hire a sleeping bag for $15.00. This is payable direct to the operator
- You must be 18 to go on this tour
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 9:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space on the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $10.
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle.
- Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full ticket value. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel / Fraser-tours.com . If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.