Join Fraser Dingo on a tag along adventure and stay at a private beach house
- Enjoy the perfect balance between adventure and comfort on this fun and relaxed Fraser Island tour
- Try driving on the sand highway of Fraser Island, checking out all the sites along the way
- Exclusive campsite at Central Station
- Visit iconic locations such as Maheno Shipwreck, Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and more!
Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure takes you on an amazing experience around Fraser Island, to the highlight destinations and sights. This tour allows you to drive a 4WD on a guided tour that offers a small group experience with plenty of socialising! Get the best of both worlds with Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure with the perfect balance between adventure and comfort. Explore the world's largest sand island by day in our automatic 4WDs and enjoy the adventure and comforts of camping at their exclusive beach campsite in the evenings.
- Walk amongst the rainforest at Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island
- 4WD on 75 Mile Beach to the Pinnacles (coloured sands)
- Swim, splash or take a tube ride at Eli Creek
- See the world-renowned Maheno Shipwreck, great photo opportunity
- Adventure along 4WD tracks to Lake Garrrawongera or walk the bush and dune track into emerald green Lake Wabby
- Relax, play and swim at the beautiful Lake McKenzie
- Exclusive camping at Central Station
- Bush camp cooking set up, toilets, hot showers ($2 coin)
- Twin share tents, sheets and camp pillows provided
- Great fresh food with loads of veggies! We cater for vegetarian, vegan, lactose-free and gluten-free
- Beach access: relax in the pristine water and white sands, play a game of beach volleyball, enjoy a guided beach walk (wildlife spotting at night, see the sun rise over the ocean in the morning)
- Take part in Fraser's legendary pink Tagalong tour and drive a PINK 4WD
- Eco-Certified tourism operator, all vehicles are carbon offset!
- Experienced knowledgeable lead guide
- Meet like-minded travellers and see all the sights
Don't miss out on your adventure of a lifetime at this amazing location in the world - book with us today.
Tag along with Fraser Dingo
Hop in your vehicle and away you go! Fraser Dingo's tag along option allows guests to drive on Fraser Island for a completely new and unique driving experience! You, along with 6 other guests, will have a vehicle at your disposal as you explore Fraser Island - no experience needed! Follow the lead car, piloted by your guide, to all of Fraser's best destinations and enjoy the thrill of driving. But don't worry - you don't have to drive. You can also choose to sit back and relax as someone else navigates the sand highway!
Drivers must be 21 years of age.
- Toyota Prado 95 series - 7 passengers per vehicle including driver
- Up to 4 vehicles in tour, including lead vehicle with tour guide
You will stay in Fraser Dingo's exclusive campsite at Central Station, including bush camp cooking set up, toilets, hot showers ($2 coin), twin share tents, sheets and camp pillows provided.
- Lake McKenzie - One of the best lakes in Australia!
- Eli Creek - Float down this iconic creek on the eastern shore
- The Maheno Shipwreck - An ancient piece of Australian maritime heritage
- Central Station - An old logging mill with towering trees and ferns
- The Pinnacles - Fraser Island's coloured sand cliffs
- Lake Wabby - Visit this lake found on the Hammerstone Sandblow
After meeting at Fraser Dingo HQ it's time to head out on your four-wheel drive adventure and hear some fascinating facts from your guide. At 9:30am you will head to the barge with your sights aimed at Wangoolba Creek on the beautiful Fraser Island. The first stop on the trip is Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island. Next up is a cruise along 75 Mile Beach to Happy Valley for a BBQ lunch. After lunch, it's off the visit Eli Creek for a quick dip or relaxing float down the river, before heading on to the Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles or Lake Garrawongerra. We then return to the accommodation for an afternoon relaxing, drinking and even volleyball on the beach! Dinner is at 7:00pm, where you can enjoy some games afterwards or enjoy a nice night walk! Noise curfew by 10:30pm to be in great shape for day 2.
Your day starts with a continental breakfast before a morning of lake explorations. First up is Lake Wabby or Garrawongerra, followed by lunch and then you are off to the famous Lake McKenzie! A crowd favourite that is known for its white sands and clear waters. Next up is some inner island 4WD track exploration as we head to Kingfisher Bay resort where you will catch the Barge back to Hervey Bay.
Looking for a Whitsundays Sailing Package deal including this tour?
Check out the most popular Fraser Dingo combos here: Whitsunday & Fraser Island Packages
Lunch: Meat burgers or veggie burgers with beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Chicken and veggies with pasta or pasta Bolognese served with veggies and garlic bread
Breakfast: Continental style with tea, coffee, milk, cereal, yoghurt, toast with spreads
Lunch: Ham, chicken or falafel wraps served with veggies, cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Please note we are able to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or lactose-free. Please let us know upon booking. This menu is subject to change.
Depart: Hervey Bay at 8:30 - Barge departure at 10:15am (After group food shop)
Return: Hervey Bay - Between 6:15pm-6:30pm
Accommodation pick-ups available from major hostels in Hervey Bay: Aussie Woolshed, Flashpackers, Torquay Bus Stop (For Greyhound Bus, Palace, Buzzers & Hub)
* Drivers to meet at Fraser Dingo HQ at 7:30am for a safety briefing
**Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- MANDATORY safety briefing BETWEEN 7AM - 8AM at our office for customers wanting to DRIVE on tour (they must make their own way there, no pickup provided)
- Guests wanting to drive must be over 21 with a current license and respond to the group email and have their own transport to attend the 7:30am safety briefing on day of departure at the office (accommodation pick up are not provided for drivers)
- Meeting at 8:30am for customers in their own cars not willing to drive on tour (free street parking for their vehicle). Free Passenger pick-up from major Hervey Bay hostels.
- You will receive an informational email 2 days prior to departure that must be answered.
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Tour is suitable for those aged 18 and up. Drivers must be 21 years old.
- $15 Optional sleeping bag hire, or you may bring your own
What To Bring
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Little backpack with clothes for 2 days, toiletries, swimmers and towel
- Sleeping Bag essential (or hire a sleep tight pack for $15, includes a tote bag to keep!)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Guided 4WD Adventure with Eco Certified tourism operator Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures
- Barge transfers and all required permits
- The opportunity to drive an automatic 4WD on Fraser Island
- Driving is optional, come along as a passenger and enjoy the ride
- Free pick up from selected locations within Hervey Bay (for the non-drivers only)
- Free car parking for your own vehicle at our office while you are away
- Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Food (all main meals and some snacks)
- Volunteers on site to help out with cooking and cleaning
- See the best Fraser Island has to offer!
- All meals and some snacks
- Beach tents with sheets & camp pillows
- Must provide own sleeping bag or hire a sleeping bag for $15.00. This is payable direct to the operator
- You will be stopping by the shops at 9:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space on the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $10.
Terms and Conditions
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All cancellations forfeit 25% of the recommended retail price (RRP) - not the discounted/sale price. No shows or client cancellations made within 60 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com . If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.
5.0 / 5.0
Based on 4 reviews