Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure takes you on an amazing experience around Fraser Island, to the highlight destinations and sights. You will have the opportunity to see Central Station, Lake McKenzie and Wanggoolba Creek and more, with the exciting chance to self drive on the world-famous sand island! Beach house accommodation and meals provided along the way.
- Dorm accommodation, plus Beach Bar and pool at Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island
- Hot showers, barbecues, and comfortable accommodation
- All cooking equipment and food included
- Return barge transfers included
- Free pick up from your accommodation in Hervey Bay
- Food shop with the group on the morning of departure
- Thorough safety briefing
- Experienced guides
- Easy to drive and well maintained 4WDs
Don't miss out on your adventure of a lifetime at this amazing location in the world - book with us today.
Tag along with Fraser Dingo
Hop in your vehicle and away you go! Fraser Dingo's tag along option allows guests to drive on Fraser Island for a completely new and unique driving experience! You, along with 6 other guests, will have a vehicle at your disposal as you explore Fraser Island. Follow the lead car, piloted by your guide, to all of Fraser's best destinations and enjoy the thrill of driving. But don't worry - you don't have to drive. You can also choose to sit back and relax as someone else navigates the sand highway!
- Toyota Prado 95 series - 7 passengers per vehicle including driver
- Up to 4 vehicles in tour, including lead vehicle with tour guide
You will stay at Happy Valley on Fraser Island's Eastern Beach. The private beach house features rooms that host up to 4 people at a time. Each room has an ensuite bathroom and is connected to a communal outdoor deck.
Travel to Kingfisher Bay by ferry to begin your 4 wheel-drive adventure and hear some fascinating facts from your guide.
The first stop on the trip is Basin Lake where you can marvel at this freshwater dune lake and have a swim!
Next stop is Central Station and Wangoollba Creek which is an amazing bushwalk through the tropical rainforest.
The group will then head to Pile Valley and Lake McKenzie where you can relax and swim.
The day will wrap up as you head to your beach house accommodation where you will enjoy a buffet dinner, and some socialising at the Dingo bar.
An early start before you start your journey down the famous Seventy-Five Mile beach, stopping at Eli Creek along the way for a dip or to float down the river!
The next stop on the itinerary is the amazing Maheno Shipwreck which has been on the beach for many years as your guide explains.
Then get ready to see the Pinnacles Coloured Sands where you can photograph the sand-cliffs!
The journey continues to Indian Head which is an amazing view from the headland lookout for spotting rays, sharks and even migrating Humpback Whales (Jul-Nov).
After soaking in this view, you will return to your accommodation late that afternoon where you can enjoy the resort before dinner and departure back to Hervey Bay.
Lunch: Meat burgers or veggie burgers with beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Chicken and veggies with pasta or pasta Bolognese served with veggies and garlic bread
Breakfast: Continental style with tea, coffee, milk, cereal, yoghurt, toast with spreads
Lunch: Ham, chicken or falafel wraps served with veggies, cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
You can purchase orange juice, apple juice or breakfast juice as well as biscuits, lamingtons, cookies or tea and coffee when at accommodation
Please note we are able to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or lactose free. Please let us know upon booking. This menu is subject to change.
Depart: Hervey Bay at 8:30 - Barge departure at 10:15am (After group food shop)
Return: Hervey Bay - Between 6:00pm-6:30pm
*Accommodation pick-ups available from 8:00am from major hostels in HERVEY BAY : Woolshed, Friendly, YHA, Flash, Palace)
**Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- MANDATORY 7:30am safety briefing at our office for customers wanting to DRIVE on tour (they must make their own way there, no pickup provided)
- Guests wanting to drive must be over 21 with a current license and respond to the group email and have their own transport to attend the 7:30am safety briefing on day of departure at the office (accommodation pick up are not provided for drivers)
- Meeting at 8:30am for customers in their own cars not willing to drive on tour (free street parking for their vehicle). Free Passenger pick-up from major Hervey Day hostels around 8:15am
- Food shopping with the group the morning of departure
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- $15 Optional sleeping bag hire, or you may bring your own
- You must be 18 to go on this tour
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Sleeping Bag is essential (hire available $15)
- Day bag with Swimwear and a change of clothes
- Warm clothes (Island can get cold at night time)
- Alcohol & snacks
- Extra money
- Free car parking available
- Dorm accommodation
- Cooking equipment
- Return barge
- Free pick up from 8:15am from your accommodation within Hervey Bay
- Must provide own sleeping bag or hire a sleeping bag for $15.00. This is payable direct to the operator
- You must be 18 to go on this tour
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full ticket value. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel / Fraser-tours.com . If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.