Fraser Dingo Tag Along Tour allows you to explore the stunning Fraser Island for 3 days and 2 nights! Visit Lake Wabby or Eli Creek, The Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles; stop by Indian head for great photos and go for a dip in the Champagne Pools - this tour allows you to visit all the highlights of Fraser Island! You will get to drive around the island in a Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD enjoying the thrill of driving on the sand highway of Fraser Island for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Beach House accommodation
- Includes ferry transfers
- Fuel and access permit included
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD tag along
- Follow experienced tour guide in lead vehicle
- Accommodation pickup from major hostels in Hervey Bay for non-drivers
- Cater for vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and lactose free customers
Tag along with Fraser Dingo
Tag along as you make your way around Fraser Island for the opportunity to experience one of the coolest driving experiences in the world! By choosing a tag along tour, you have the option of driving on the sand highway and inland tracks of Fraser Island! You will follow your lead car, driven by your tour guide, during the duration of your tour as you make your way from place to place. You can nominate yourself as a driver if you fit the requirements of Fraser Dingo, and take the opportunity to drive to some of Fraser's most iconic locations. But don't worry - driving isn't a requirement. You can also sit back as a passenger and just enjoy the ride.
- Toyota Prados 95 series - 7 passengers per vehicle including driver
- Up to 4 vehicles in tour, including lead vehicle with tour guide
You will stay at Happy Valley on Fraser Island's Eastern Beach. The private beach house features rooms that host up to 4 people at a time. Each room has an ensuite bathroom and is connected to a communal outdoor deck.
Meet for a safety briefing at 7:30am for the tours drivers, 8:30am for those not wanting to drive, followed by a quick shopping trip to pick up groceries for the trip! The barge departs for the island at 10:15am and arrives 30 minutes later at Wanggolba Creek. You will start your island trip by making your way up 75 Mile Beach to Happy Valley for a BBQ lunch at about 12:30pm, where you will get to know your follow travellers and designate rooms at your accommodation. Afterwards, head to Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles or even Lake Garrawongerra if it's high tide!
Around 4:30pm you will head back to your accommodation, where you will get to relax, drink and enjoy some beach time before dinner at 7:00pm.
Start the day early with an optional sunrise walk and then join in for a continental breakfast at 7:00am. Your day will be spent visiting Indian Head, Champagne Pools and a stop at Lake Allom on the way. You will get to enjoy lunch at Cathedrals on Fraser before again heading back to your accommodation for 4:30pm.
Day 3 will start with a hot breakfast followed by visits to Lake Wabby, Central Station, Pile Valley and Lake Birrabeen. After all of these great stops, you will head to Eurong for lunch before heading to Kingfisher Resort, where you can walk or swim at the resort, making the most of your afternoon! You will leave on the 5:00pm barge, arriving back at Fraser Dingo Head Office around 6:15pm.
*Please note that Champagne Pools will be inaccessible from February 3rd to March 24th 2019 due to renovations to the boardwalk.
Lunch: Meat burgers or veggie burgers with beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Butter chicken, veggies and rice
Breakfast: Continental style with tea, coffee, milk, cereal, yoghurt, toast with spreads
Lunch: Ham, chicken or falafel wraps served with veggies, cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Pasta Bolognese made with mince or tofu and served with garden salad and garlic bread
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs served with tea, coffee, milk, cereals and toast with spreads
Lunch: Wraps on the go. Ham, veggies, cheese and sauces
You can purchase orange juice, apple juice or breakfast juice as well as biscuits, lamingtons, cookies or tea and coffee when at accommodation
Please note we are able to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or lactose free. Please let us know upon booking. This menu is subject to change.
Depart: Hervey Bay - Barge departure at 10:15am (After group food shop)
Return: Hervey Bay - Between 6:00pm-6:30pm
*Accommodation pick-ups available from 8:00am from major hostels in HERVEY BAY : Woolshed, Friendly, YHA, Flash, Palace)
**Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- MANDATORY 7:30am safety briefing at our office for customers wanting to DRIVE on tour (they must make their own way there, no pickup provided)
- Guests wanting to drive must be over 21 with a current license and respond to the group email and have their own transport to attend the 7:30am safety briefing on day of departure at the office (accommodation pick up are not provided for drivers)
- Meeting at 8:30am for customers in their own cars not willing to drive on tour (free street parking for their vehicle)
- Food shopping with the group the morning of departure
- You must be 18 to go on this tour
- BYO Inflatables and pump
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Mandatory Food & Fuel Levy of $35pp
- Optional $10 sleeping Bag Hire
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Sunsmart kit (hat, sunnies, sunscreen) + 600mL water bottle
- Swimmers + beach towel
- Little backpack with clothes for 3 days (check the weather before the tour!) + toiletry items
- Sleeping bag (or hire one for $10)
- Bluetooth speaker, cameras, chargers
- BYO Alcohol
- 3 day tagalong tour on Fraser
- Possibility of driving a 4WD on Fraser Island
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides
- 2 nights accommodation at beach lodge
- Barge transfers
- Access permit
- Easy to drive and well maintained 4WDs
Mandatory food levy of $35 + optional $10 sleeping bag package + optional $20 storage fee for big bags not allowed on tour
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.