Fraser Dingo Tag Along Tour allows you to explore the stunning Fraser Island for 3 days and 2 nights! Visit Lake Wabby or Eli Creek, The Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles; stop by Indian head for great photos and go for a dip in the Champagne Pools - this tour allows you to visit all the highlights of Fraser Island! You will get to drive around the island in a Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD enjoying the thrill of driving on the sand highway of Fraser Island for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Walk through the rainforest at Pile Valley, the heart of Fraser Island
- 4WD on 75 Mile Beach to Indian Head
- Float in the sparkling waters at Champagne Pools
- Swim, splash or take a tube ride at Eli Creek
- Take photos at The Maheno Shipwreck and coloured sands
- Adventure along 4WD tracks to the secret Lake Allom and swim with the turtles
- Relax, play and swim at the beautiful blue Lake Birrabeen
- Relaxed, friendly and loads of fun
- Private beach house with dorm rooms at Happy Valley on Fraser Islands Eastern beach
- Great fresh food with loads of veggies! We cater for vegetarian, vegan, lactose-free and gluten-free
- Toilets, hot showers, barbecue
- Beach access: relax in the pristine water and white sands, play a game of beach volleyball, enjoy a guided beach walk (wildlife spotting at night, see the sun rise over the ocean in the morning)
- Take part in Fraser’s legendary pink tag along tour
- Eco-certified tourism operator, all vehicles are carbon offset!
- Experienced knowledgeable lead guide
- Meet like-minded travellers and see all the sights
Tag along with Fraser Dingo
Tag along as you make your way around Fraser Island for the opportunity to experience one of the coolest driving experiences in the world! By choosing a tag along tour, you have the option of driving on the sand highway and inland tracks of Fraser Island! You will follow your lead car, driven by your tour guide, during the duration of your tour as you make your way from place to place. You can nominate yourself as a driver if you fit the requirements of Fraser Dingo, and take the opportunity to drive to some of Fraser's most iconic locations. But don't worry - driving isn't a requirement. You can also sit back as a passenger and just enjoy the ride.
Drivers must be 21 years old with an open license - no 4WD experience required!
- Toyota Prados 95 series - 7 passengers per vehicle including driver
- Up to 4 vehicles in tour, including lead vehicle with tour guide
You will stay at Happy Valley on Fraser Island's Eastern Beach. The private beach house features rooms that host up to 4 people at a time. There are shared bathrooms and an outdoor deck for guests to enjoy.
Meet for a safety briefing, 7:30am for all tour drivers and 8:30am for those not wanting to drive, followed by a quick trip to the shops for any last minute supplies such as snacks, coffee or alcohol! The barge departs for the island at 10:15am and arrives 30 minutes later at Wanggolba Creek. You will start your island trip by making your way up 75 Mile Beach to Happy Valley for a BBQ lunch at about 12:30pm, where you will get to know your fellow travellers and designate rooms at your accommodation. Afterwards, head to Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck and the Pinnacles or even Lake Garrawongerra if it's high tide!
Around 4:30pm you will head back to your accommodation, where you will get to relax, drink and enjoy some beach time before dinner at 7:00pm. Quiet time starts at 10:30pm for an early rise the next day.
Start the day early with an optional sunrise walk and then join in for a continental breakfast at 7:00am. Your day will be spent visiting Indian Head, Champagne Pools and a stop at Lake Allom on the way. You will get to enjoy lunch at Cathedrals on Fraser before again heading back to your accommodation for 4:30pm.
Day three will start with a hot breakfast followed by visits to Lake Wabby, Central Station, Pile Valley and Lake Birrabeen. After all of these great stops, you will head to Eurong for lunch before heading to Kingfisher Resort, where you can walk or swim at the resort, making the most of your afternoon! You will leave on the 5:00pm barge, arriving back at Fraser Dingo HQ around 6:15pm.
Lunch: Meat burgers or veggie burgers with beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Butter chicken, veggies and rice
Breakfast: Continental style with tea, coffee, milk, cereal, yoghurt, toast with spreads
Lunch: Ham, chicken or falafel wraps served with veggies, cheese, sauces and a piece of fruit
Dinner: Pasta Bolognese made with mince or tofu and served with garden salad and garlic bread
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs served with tea, coffee, milk, cereals and toast with spreads
Lunch: Wraps on the go. Ham, veggies, cheese and sauces
Please note we are able to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or lactose-free. Please let us know upon booking. This menu is subject to change.
Depart: Hervey Bay 8:30 - Barge departure at 10:15am (After group food shop)
Return: Hervey Bay - Between 6:00pm-6:30pm
*Accommodation pick-ups available from major hostels in Hervey Bay (Aussie Woolshed, Flashpackers, Torquay Bus Stop and for Greyhound Bus, Palace, Buzzers & Hub) for non-drivers only
**Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- MANDATORY 7:30am safety briefing at our office for customers wanting to DRIVE on tour (they must make their own way there, no pickup provided)
- You will receive an information email 2 days before departure, this is how everything is organised for the tour (guests must answer)
- Guests wanting to drive must be over 21 with a current license and respond to the group email and have their own transport to attend the 7:30am safety briefing on day of departure at the office (accommodation pick up are not provided for drivers)
- Meeting at 8:30am for customers in their own cars not willing to drive on tour (free street parking for their vehicle)
- You must be 18 to go on this tour and 21 years old to drive
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Optional $15 sleeping Bag Hire
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Small backpack with clothes for 2 days, toiletries, swimmers & towel
- Sleeping bag essential (or hire a sleep tight pack for $15)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger (optional)
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Guided 4WD Adventure with Eco Certified tourism operator Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures
- Barge transfers and all required permits
- The opportunity to drive an automatic 4WD
- Driving is optional, come along as a passenger and enjoy the ride
- Free pick up from selected locations within Hervey Bay (for the non-drivers only)
- Free car parking for your own vehicle at our office while you are away
- Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Food (all main meals and some snacks). We cater for vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and lactose-free
- Volunteers on site to help out with cooking and cleaning
- See the best Fraser Island has to offer!
- All meals and snacks
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods. There is no pressure to drive, you are more than welcome to be a passenger!
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Passengers only need to be a minimum of 18 years of age (tour not appropriate for children)
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 09:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space in the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $20.
- Linen is not included. Bring your own sleeping bag or hire a sleep tight pack for $15 (sleeping bag, sheet, plus a tote bag you can keep!).
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle.
- Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.