$479 AUD per
- Dingos Tag Along Tour (no accom) (Between: 21 Sep 2018 and 30 Oct 2019)
$499 AUD per
- Dingos Tag Along Tour (+1 night accom) (Between: 21 Sep 2018 and 30 Oct 2019)
$519 AUD per
- Dingos Tag Along Tour (+2 nights accom) (Between: 21 Sep 2018 and 30 Oct 2019)
$529 AUD per
- Dingos Tag Along Tour (+3 nights accom) (Between: 21 Sep 2018 and 30 Oct 2019)
$539 AUD per
- Dingos Tag Along Tour (+4 nights accom) (Between: 21 Sep 2018 and 30 Oct 2019)
3 Day/ 2 Night Dingos Tag Along Camping Safari specialise in making your trip to Fraser Island even more unforgettable, departing daily from Dingos Backpacker Adventure Resort in Rainbow Beach. With informative safety briefings held at 5:00pm daily, they ensure you set off on your camping adventure prepared, aware, and ready to begin your adventure of a lifetime! Whether you've always wanted to try your hand at some off road 4-wheel driving, or if you simply want to sit back and enjoy the ride with one of the expert tag along guides, Dingos allow you to experience the best that the world's largest sand island has to offer, in this fun, exciting and interactive tour with camping. Enjoy the simplicity of sleeping under the stars and get up close to mother nature at its very best, this World Heritage listing really does have it all. If youre looking for a new exciting venture to add to your list, you've found it here!
- 4WD Toyota land-cruiser hire
- Lead vehicle with driver/guide
- Return barge transfers from Rainbow Beach (all 4WDs will be escorted to the ferry)
- Cooking and camping equipment
- All food on Fraser Island
- All fuel
- All 4WDs have Ipod/MP3 adaptor cables
- Luggage storage and safety deposit in Rainbow Beach
- Optional pre/post accommodation in Rainbow Beach at Dingos Backpackers
Tag along with Dingos
Your tag along tour will allow you to see Fraser Island up close, behind the wheel of your own 4WD vehicle! With up to 8 guests per vehicle, all of your friends and family can come along for the ride! But don't worry - you won't have to drive if you don't want to. You can also elect to be a guest along for the ride and enjoy the view from the passenger or backseat.
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- 80 Series all ranging between 94/98 Models
- Manual transmission, diesel engine
- 8 passengers per vehicle, 32 people per trip
You will stay at our purpose build campsite on the Eastern Beach of Fraser Island. The site is a permanent set up, meaning you won't have to do anything upon arrival - it's already ready to go! There are two guests per tent, and there are toilets and showers as well as a permanent kitchen on site. The whole area is dingo safe with fencing surrounding the area, meaning you can roam around in comfort! The biggest plus to our campsite is the allowance of campfires, unlike the rest of Fraser Island!
- Lake Mackenzie - take a refreshing swim at this famous lake
- Champagne Pools - Queensland's natural bubble bath
- Indian Head - gaze out at migrating whales, sharks or even dolphins!
- Eli Creek - take a stroll down this wonderful stream - bring a floatie for the best experience
- Maheno Shipwreck - learn about this engineering marvel
- Lake Wabby - take a dip in this unique water body
- 75 Mile Beach - take an adventure down Fraser's sandy highway
After attending your orientation briefing, you will have more time to relax and get to know your new friends before setting off on your adventurous camping safari early the next day, we recommend getting a good nights sleep! Dingos make things even easier than other 4WD tag along tours by catering for your tour, so with the shopping taken care of, theres no need to worry about what to eat for the next 3 days! In the morning you will wake early, ready to embark on the adventure ahead, complimentary pancakes and tea or coffee for Dingos guests, and you are set to go.
With your itinerary and map on board you will head off without a care in the world, to experience all the beauty that the amazing sand Island has to offer. And there is so much to see and explore! Marvel at pristine fresh waters of Lake McKenzie, swim or float in the crystal clear Eli creek, and be awe-inspired by the huge imposing sand dunes and cliffs. Wander through the exuberant lush tropical rainforests at Wanggoolba Creek and Central Station, take in some history at the Maheno Shipwreck and enjoy 4WD down the long sandy stretch of 75 Mile Beach. Enjoy the views from Indian Head and the awesomeness of Champagne Pool! Take in the adventure of setting up camp with your fellow trip mates, getting to know one another with some camp style cooking and a drink or two. With coloured sands by day and moonlight, stars and dingos by night you wont be disappointed. Return to Rainbow Beach after three amazing fun filled days, and some memories that will last forever.
*Please note that Champagne Pools will be inaccessible from February 3rd to March 24th 2019 due to renovations to the boardwalk.
Lunch: Sandwiches or wraps
Snacks include: Fruit, muesli bars, chips, biscuits and marshmallows
Please note that we are able to cater to all dietary requirements. Please let us know upon booking.
Depart: Rainbow Beach Dingos Backpackers From 7:45am
Returns: Rainbow Beach Dingos Backpackers From 3:00pm to 4:00pm
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- To drive on Fraser with Dingos you MUST be 21 or over with a FULL manual licence. You must have held this license for a minimum of 1 year and you must have the license with you. Non-licensed drivers can travel but not drive, groups are assigned on this basis. Everyone must attend pre-briefing at 5:00pm the day prior to your tour
- You MUST attend the meeting the day before departure @ 5:00pm at Dingos Backpackers Hostel
- Please note this tour is suitable for ages 18-35s ONLY
- Tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- $15 insurance levy to be paid by all passengers
- Optional sleeping bag hire ($10pp)
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Nomads Tag Along 3D/2NDropbear Tag Along 3D/2NAll Fraser PackagesSailing Whitsundays
What To Bring
Please pack a small overnight bag with enough gear for 3 days/2 nights including change of clothes (warm clothes for winter months), swimming costume, towel, comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellant and camera. Please bring your own alcohol
- All food for Fraser island
- Fuel for your 4WD
- All camping equipment (optional sleeping bag costs $10)
- All National Park, camping and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfers from Rainbow Beach
- information folder plus map
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- all 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- 4x4s escorted onto ferry
- luggage storage and safety deposit
- Optional sleeping bag hire $10pp
- Mandatory insurance $15pp
- Bring your own alcohol
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance. 18-40's only.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.