Sunrover Guided Camping Tour 3 day, 2 night tour offers the ultimate way to enjoy Fraser Island. Not only will you have the chance to see the world's largest sand island, but you will also get to camp among its wildlife, exploring all it has to offer! Sunrover is proud to take its passengers to Fraser Island's top spots, teaching you about the island along the way! This tour departs from Gold Coast, Brisbane, Caboolture, Caloundra, Mooloolaba, Noosa, Gympie and Rainbow Beach.
- Explore the inland tracks and beach highway of Fraser Island
- See some of the Fraser Coast's top destinations
- Visit Lake McKenzie, Central Station, Lake Wabby, Eli Creek, Indian Heads and Maheno Shipwreck
- Enjoy an awesome camping experience with your fun guide!
- Visit Rainbow Beach and see the Glasshouse Mountains
- Small group tour for personal experience
- Only tour that departs from Brisbane and visits Lake McKenzie
- All camping gear included
- One of the only tours where you can have a campfire
- Bushwalks and swimming
Guided tour on Fraser Island
Your tour with Sunrover will give you the chance explore the famous Fraser Island! Your guided tour will be conducted from a comfortable 4WD, driven by your informative guide who will take you to all the amazing destinations on Fraser Island. You can sit back and enjoy the sights as you make your way around from place to place!
- 100 series Landcruiser: up to 8 passengers
- Toyota Landcruiser troop carriers: up to 10 passengers
- Up to 5 vehicles per tour
During your tour you will camp at Dilli Village at a privately owned campsite on the eastern side of the island. You will find everything you will need here for a relaxing night's stay with hot showers, dingo fencing, and a large undercover area for hanging out! Spend your evenings in the company of your travel mates enjoying the sights and sounds of the world's largest sand island.
75 Mile Beach - Enjoy the ocean views as you cruise along the sand highway!
Lake Wabby - Go for a swim in this freshwater lake at Hammerstone Sandblow
Eli Creek - Bring along a floatie to enjoy this freshwater creek!
The Pinnacles - View the coloured sands that highlight Fraser's history
The Maheno Shipwreck - Snap some pics at this iconic and historic location!
Champagne Pools - Dip into the fizzy pools found right on the coast
Indian Head - Take in the panoramic views and grab some great photos
Lake McKenzie - Visit the island's most iconic lake and swim in the cool water
Central Station - Marvel at the huge trees and ferns found on Fraser Island
Wanggoolba Creek - Enjoy the tranquility of this important creek ecosystem
Make your way to Fraser Island from Inskip Point, taking the ferry across the Straight, where you can keep an eye out for some of Fraser's marine life such as dolphins, sharks, eagles and dugongs! Once you land on the island, your guide will tell your group a little bit more about the island before setting off along 75 Mile Beach. From your 4WD you can keep an eye out for other wildlife such as dingoes and wallabies! Your tour starts off with a bang as you make your way to Lake Wabby, one of Fraser Island's freshwater lakes. This unique lake is great for swimming and relaxing and is actually the deepest lake on the island! Afterwards, you will drive through the rainforest full of diverse flora and fauna before making you way to Dili Beach for the night!
On day 2 you will start your day bright and early to explore more of Fraser Island. You will get to see top highlights such as Eli Creek, The Pinnacles, Maheno Shipwreck, Champagne Pools and Indian Head. You will return back to camp in the evening for a night of relaxing with campfires, storytelling and star gazing! Guests can look forward to a good night's sleep in their tent as the listen to the sounds of the island!
On day 3 you will visit Lake McKenzie, Wanggoolba Creek, Satinay Forest and Central Station where you can see Fraser Island's plant and wildlife up close! Explore the lush, green forests and see giant ferns and towering trees that grow right out of the sand and explore the shores of one of the most famous lakes on the island. When you are done your day of exploring you will leave Fraser Island for Cooloola National Park as you make your way back home.
Picnic Lunch at Rainbow Beach: Cold drinks, cold meats, picnic salad, fresh fruits, cakes, wraps and bread rolls.
Dinner: BBQ with fresh salads, garlic breads and cold drinks.
Snack: Hot drinks and marshmallows around campfire
Breakfast: Tea, coffee, fruit juice, cereals and toast, jam, honey, fruits, breads
Dinner: BBQ fish, garlic bread, salads and cold drinks
Breakfast: Pancakes, tea, coffee, cereals and toast, jam, honey, fruits, breads
- Depart Brisbane 6.45am - Brisbane Transit Centre - Level 3 / Gate 36 - Returns appox 7pm
- Depart Caboolture 7.30am - BP Service Station Hwy - Returns 6pm
- Depart Caloundra 8.15am - Cooma Tce - Return 5pm
- Depart Mooloolaba 8.30am - Mooloolaba Bowls Club, Brisbane Road - Return 5.15pm
- Depart Noosa 9am - Noosa Information Centre - Return 3-5pm
- Depart Gympie 10am - Matilda Road House Bruce Hwy - Return 3-4pm
- Depart Rainbow Beach 11am - Surf Life Saving Club - Return 2-4pm
- Depart Gold Coast Transit Centre, 6am Beach Road Surfers Paradise - Return 9pm (+ $100)
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- This tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Children under 7 must have a forward facing car seat. Passengers must bring their own.
- $30 per person per day fees and charges applicable and can be paid on the day to guide ($90pp)
- 2 Lunches at own cost
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Overnight Bag
- Shady Hat
- Water Bottle
- Walking Shoes
- Torch (Flashlight)
- Money for lunches
- Camping gear
- Transports from designated locations
- Two lunches at own cost
- $30.00 per person per day to be paid for National Park fees, daily permits, ferry fees payable each day to guide
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the tour operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 75% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 48 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.