$445 AUD per
- 1 day hire (Between: 01 Mar 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$760 AUD per
- 2 day hire (Between: 01 Mar 2019 and 01 Apr 2020)
$1120 AUD per
- 3 day hire (Between: 01 Mar 2019 and 01 Apr 2020)
$1495 AUD per
- 4 day hire (Between: 02 Mar 2019 and 01 Apr 2020)
$1890 AUD per
- 5 day hire (Between: 02 Mar 2019 and 01 Apr 2020)
Explore Fraser Island with your own car hire and enjoy all the freedom that comes along with it! Rent a 4WD for 1 - 5 days and enjoy spending your time your way.
- Freedom of your own car hire
- Up to 5 guests per vehicle
- Choose from rentals from 1 - 5 days
- Opportunity for an extended stay on Fraser Island!
- Choose your own accommodation to suit your style or choose to camp!
- Pack up and bring along your own food or choose to dine at the restaurants and shops on the island
You will have the freedom to plan your own itinerary for your trip to Fraser Island. You can make a plan that’s perfect for you and your timeline, ensuring you get to see the best of the island! We’ve listed some highlights that you might visit on your tour - the longer you stay, the more you will see!
- Lake McKenzie - Relax in the crystal clear waters of this iconic lake
- Champagne Pools - Unique seaside 'jacuzzi' pools
- Indian Head - Take amazing photos and enjoy the view
- Eli Creek - Float through the forest along Fraser's famous creek
- The Maheno Shipwreck - Learn the fascinating history of this historical landmark
- Central Station - Ancient rainforest that defies nature
- Lake Wabby - Take a dip in lake and stroll along the epic Hammerstone Sandblow
- The Pinnacles - Walk amongst the island's brightest geological wonder, the coloured sands
- The Maheno Shipwreck - World famous landmark and photographer's dream
- Lake Wabby - Go swimming in the island's deepest freshwater lake
- Lake Birrabeen - Crystal clear lake surrounded by white silica sand
- Basin Lake - Great swimming hole about the size of a football field!
Remember that certain parts of the beach can't be driven on during high tide - please be aware of the tide times.
Please note RBAC Fraser 4x4 Hire hire is available 361 days a year, subject to availability. 4WDs are provided with a full tank of fuel and need to be returned with a full tank of fuel. Max 5 people per car - drivers must be over 21 years old and hold/bring their current open drivers license! Everybody needs to watch the safety video before hiring Dingos 4WD vehicles.
What To Bring
Please pack a small overnight bag, change of clothes, swimwear, food and drinks, hat, suncream, sunglasses, towel and camera.
You will also need to bring along food and drinks from the mainland or purchase them on Fraser Island.
- Vehicle access permits
- Vehicles which are safe & easy to drive and allow all of your gear to be locked inside the vehicle while exploring Fraser Island.
- The vehicles are 80 Series Landcruisers for 5pax.
- Informative safety video to be watched before going on the island @ Dingos Hostel.
- Hire does not include consumable (food/fuel etc.)
- $120 barge cost per vehicle
- Camping permit on Fraser Island
- Credit card security bond required $1500
- Refuel when returning from Fraser Island in Rainbow Beach
- Accommodation while on the island
- Drivers must be over 21 years old and hold/bring their current open drivers license
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
You will be given a set of terms and conditions by your provider when you pick up the vehicle. Guests must comply with all terms and conditions.
Drivers must present current drivers licence (international is fine). Please advise at the time of booking if an automatic vehicle is required.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance. Refunds do not apply to hires cut short due to: Bad weather, Shortening of the rental period by the hirer - unless it can be re-hired for that same period, cars taken from the hirer due to misuse in contravention to Aussie Trax's or other authorised persons' directions.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for other tours please do not hesitate to ask.