Pippies offers the ultimate Australian Beach 4WD adventure!
- Join a tag along tour with chance to drive on Fraser Island
- Camping at Cathedrals on Fraser at permanent campsite
- Amazing and unique experience on world's largest sand island
- Visit Fraser's top destinations such as Champagne Pools, Eli Creek and Maheno Shipwreck
Looking for a Whitsundays combo deal including this tour?
Check out the most popular Pippies combos here: Whitsunday & Fraser Island Packages
The 3 Day Pippies Tag Along Camping Safari Fraser Island offers accommodation at a private campsite on Fraser Island, as well as hot showers fed by a natural spring, flushing toilets, nightly campfire, stereo and large undercover dining areas with solar lighting.
Conveniently located just a short walk to the cafe, bottle shop or beach making stargazing at night a must. Pippies will take you to all of the highlights including Lake Mackenzie, Eli Creek, Indian Head and the Champagne Pools!
- Camping at Cathedrals on Fraser Island
- Sheltered campsite with permanent tents
- Cooking, camping equipment & BBQ facilities
- Hot showers and flushing toilets
- Mobile device charging facilities
- Return barge from Fraser Island
- All camping and cooking equipment
- FREE Luggage storage
- All meals included
- Fuel for vehicles
- BYO Alcohol
You also have to option to upgrade your tour by adding on an extra 2 or 3 nights of accommodation at Pippies in Rainbow Beach!
Tag along with Pippies
Pippies Tag Along Camping Safari is a great opportunity to try your hand at driving on sand on the world's largest sand island. Race the tides as you drive along the sand highway before jumping on the inland tracks, making your way around the island! This tour has up to 4 vehicles per tour, with the lead driver in the front to guide you from one amazing destination to the next!
- Tag along vehicles are Toyota Land Cruiser, 80 series or 100 series
- Lead vehicle is Troop Carrier with 11 passengers, including tour guide
- 4 vehicles per tour with a max of 34 guests
You can choose to drive or be a passenger in one of the tag-along vehicles or enjoy it as a passenger in the lead vehicle.
During your tour with Pippies, you will get to enjoy camping on Fraser Island at our permanent campsite! Your permanently set up campsite is located at Cathedrals on Fraser and is the only campsite with a dingo-proof fence. Your camp site offers amazing bathroom facilities with flushing toilets (no porta-loos) and natural spring water fed hot water showers. Our 2 man tents are underneath a large covered area, which is ideal for both sun and rain protection! There is also a kitchen and dining area on site, which is also undercover.
At our campsite, you will get to experience Fraser Island at its best - out in the wilderness seeing everything up close and personal!
- Lake McKenzie - relax and wade through the white silica sands and crystal clear fresh waters of this iconic Australian lake
- Champagne Pools - take a refreshing dip in Queensland's most exciting natural bubble bath
- Indian Head - marvel at the breathtaking views & spot humpback whales and other marine life migrating along the Fraser island coast
- Eli Creek - float down through the forests of Fraser Islands most famous freshwater spring
- Maheno Shipwreck - learn the fascinating history and enjoy the beauty of this historical Australian landmark
- Central Station & Pile Valley Rainforest - gaze up at Frasers most ancient rainforest & learn about the areas unique ecosystem
- Lake Wabby - take a dip in the island's deepest lake and stroll along the fringes of the epic Hammerstone Sandblow
- The Pinnacles - walk amongst the island's brightest geological wonder, the coloured sands.
Take in the sights of the breathtaking 75 Mile beach, swim in the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and enjoy a freshly made lunch with your group, soak up the tranquillity at Central Station, Rainforests and to top it off spending that afternoon relaxing at Eurong Beach Resort.
Start day two off by taking in more beautiful beaches at Indian Head, take a dip in the world famous Champagne pools, explore the mysterious Maheno shipwreck, see the amazing coloured sands of the Pinnacles and finish off with a relaxing afternoon at Eli Creek. Where the group is no more than 20 including guide guests are treated to a visit to Lake Allom to see its cute and abundant freshwater turtles.
Wake up for your last day in paradise! Another quick and simple breakfast before setting off to the final locations on your Fraser Island tour, Hammerstone Sandblow and Lake Wabby. Upon arriving to the Lake Wabby entrance on the Eastern Beach, you'll do a 40-45 minute walk down a beautiful sand track, through the bush, and out onto the Hammerstone Sandblow. Located a short walk along the sand blow, Lake Wabby is the deepest lake on Fraser Island. So be sure to take a dip and chill next on its shores.
After our lunch on the beach, it is time to make your way back to the barge and Rainbow Beach. Arrive back at Pippies Beachhouse in Rainbow Beach between 1pm and 4:30pm.
Need somewhere to park your Van? Pippies offer free storage while on tour.
Lunch – Wraps with Ham, Beef or Tuna w Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, cheese & Condiments of Sweet chilli, Mustard or Mayo.
**Mexican Bean spread
Snack – Biscuits & Fruit
Dinner – 120g Angus Beef Pattie & Sausages on the BBQ with Green Beans, Garlic Potatoes & Onion Gravy.
** Falafel Pattie
Breakfast – Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Muesli w Fruit or Toast w Spreads.
Lunch – Open Chicken Schnitzel Burger with Lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, coleslaw & Beetroot.
**Moroccan Vegetable Burger
Snack – Biscuits & Fruit
Dinner – Bolognaise Sauce with Pasta, Parmesan & Garlic Bread.
** Chickpeas and Champignons
Breakfast – Toast with Baked Beans, Muesli & Fruit
Lunch – Wraps with Beef, Ham or Tuna w Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese & Condiments of Sweet chilli, Mustard or Mayo.
**4 Bean mix spread.
Snack – Biscuits & Fruit
** Vegetarian / Vegan Options
Depart / Return
- Pick up: Rainbow Beach- Pippies Beachouse at 7:00am
- Drop off: Rainbow Beach- Pippies Beachouse between 1:00pm-4:30pm
*Please note pick-up/return times, and sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions.
- It is highly recommended that you meet us at Pippies Beachhouse in Rainbow Beach before 4 pm the day before you depart. This is so that we can explain a few things about the tour and the island, as well as get your paperwork finished and watch a video, before our early departure the next morning. If you are unable to attend then it is very important that we know you will not be here in time so that we may organise to get all missed information to you.
- Drivers must be 21 years or over with a minimum of 12 months experience on an open licence. You must have your driver's license with you.
- Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
- Pippies is a backpacker-style tour, best suited to guests ages 18-35
- Tour + 1 Night Accommodation includes 1 night pre-tour unless you request otherwise
- Tour + 2 Nights includes 1 night pre-tour + 1 night Post Tour unless you request otherwise
What To Bring
- Day Pack for essential clothes
- Long sleeves for at night
- Towel & swimmers
- Hat & sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Personal torch (group lantern supplied in camp gear)
- Sleeping bag
- Personal water bottle
- BYO alcohol
- 2 nights camping at Cathedrals on Fraser
- Fully equipped amenities at the campsite
- All meals
- Fuel for vehicles
- Return barge from Fraser Island
- All camping and cooking equipment including sleeping bag & pillow
- FREE Luggage storage
- BYO Alcohol
- *A $50pp surcharge is applied to public holiday departures and due on arrival
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours / Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All cancellations forfeit 25% of the recommended retail price (RRP) - not the discounted/sale price. No shows or client cancellations made within 30 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel / Fraser-Tours.com. If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed...
5.0 / 5.0
Based on 17 reviews