Guide To K'gari Beach Resort (Formerly Known As Eurong Resort)
One of the most famous places to stay on K'gari (Fraser Island) is K'gari Beach Resort, formerly known as Eurong Resort. This upscale yet cozy, humble resort is one of the most well-equipped and diverse locations on the island in terms of amenities and accommodation options. The only other K'gari resort that rivals this one is Kingfisher Bay Resort.
So you know what you're signing up for when you book a stay at K'gari Beach Resort, we're going to provide a detailed resort guide. Including what amenities are on-site, the different accommodation options, and more, here is everything you need to know about K'gari Beach Resort!
Stay at K'gari Beach Resort on one of these amazing tours!
Where Is K'gari Beach Resort (Eurong Resort)?
K'gari Beach Resort is located right next to 75 Mile Beach. This iconic "sand highway" is a vast stretch of golden sand that covers the length of K'gari's eastern shores. Driving along 75 Mile Beach via 4WD is the most efficient and fun way to travel around K'gari. So one reason why travellers may choose K'gari Beach Resort over Kingfisher Bay Resort is that K'gari Beach Resort is located much closer to the island's attractions near the Eastern Beach.
Places like Lake Wabby, Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, Central Station, and Lake McKenzie are a 30-minute drive or less from K'gari Beach Resort. The resort is located directly on the opposite shore from the River Heads Ferry Terminal at Wanggoolba Creek. So when you arrive on K'gari (Fraser Island), all you have to do is cross the island and you'll be at K'gari Beach Resort. Note that you'll be driving on sandy inland tracks, so though it's only about 18km from the ferry to the resort, the driving time is around 45 minutes.
Accommodation Options At K'gari Beach Resort
There are two main types of accommodation at K'gari Beach Resort - hotel rooms and apartments. Each option comes in varying sizes and prices, but all have access to the hotel's amenities which we'll cover next. All the rooms at the resort have bright, clean, spacious interiors with wide windows and crisp white linens. The decor is very beach-themed, offering a comfortable and breezy place to stay on the world's largest sand island.
Here are the different room types at K'gari Beach Resort:
- Resort Hotel Room - Standard room with a queen and a king single bed plus a private balcony (Sleeps 3-4)
- King Hotel Room - Spacious room with one king bed and a private balcony (Sleeps 2)
- Two Bedroom Apartment - Self-contained apartment with balcony, fully-equipped kitchen, living area, and two bedrooms (Sleeps 4-5)
- King Two Bedroom Apartment - Self-contained apartment with balcony, fully-equipped kitchen, living area, and two bedrooms with king beds (Sleeps 4-5)
K'gari Beach Resort Facilities
K'gari Beach Resort has one of the best selections of amenities and facilities on the island. Even if you're not staying at the resort, you can stop in here for the day and make use of the restaurant, bar, bakery, general store, fuel stations, and more. If you ever need to stock up on supplies while adventuring around K'gari (Fraser Island), K'gari Beach Resort is a convenient place to visit.
Here are some of the amenities you can find at K'gari Beach Resort:
- Swimming Pool - Spacious swimming pool open from 9 am - 9 pm (note this is only available to resort guests)
- McKenzie's On 75 Restaurant - A top-notch eatery open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Bakery - A cute little bakery offering barista-made coffee as well as bread, pastries, pies, and other snacks (Open from 7 am - 3:30 pm)
- Eurong General Store - A basic shop where you can buy ice, snacks, produce, fishing gear, 4WD equipment, maps, fuel, and more. (Open from 8 am - 5 pm)
Other facilities at the resort include tennis courts, disabled facilities, a reception desk staffed by knowledgeable, helpful locals, BBQ area, and laundry facilities.
Which Tours Stay At K'gari Beach Resort?
Though you can just book a stay at K'gari Beach Resort on your own, there are some excellent K'gari (Fraser Island) tours that include accommodation here. Guided tours are perfect for travellers who are first-time visitors to K'gari, as you will be exploring with a local guide who can take you to all the island's best locations and teach you about the history, nature, and culture. All your food, accommodation, and transport are organised for you, so all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy K'gari!
The following tours include accommodation at K'gari Beach Resort:
Tag Along Tours
Ready to book your adventure to K'gari (Fraser Island)? Live chat with our travel experts online and we'll make sure you get the best deals!